t33n a3 Gio Linh 2009-2012
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.

~Có một định mệnh biến chúng ta thành anh em: Không ai đi đường một mình, tất cả những gì ta gửi vào cuộc đời của người khác sẽ quay trở về cuộc đời của ta.~

Trang ChínhTrang Chính  Latest imagesLatest images  Tìm kiếmTìm kiếm  Đăng kýĐăng ký  Đăng NhậpĐăng Nhập  

De thi thu dh Anh nek..

Go down 
Tác giảThông điệp
Bet.kute
Admin
Bet.kute

Tổng số bài gửi : 76
Đến từ : Gio Linh

De thi thu dh Anh nek.. Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: De thi thu dh Anh nek..   De thi thu dh Anh nek.. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 5:29 pm

ĐỀ THI TUYỂN SINH ĐẠI HỌC NĂM 2012
ĐỀ THAM KHẢO MÔN: TIẾNG ANH – KHỐI D
(Đề thi có 08 trang) Thời gian làm bài: 90 phút
Họ và tên: ……………………………………………………………
Số báo danh: …………………………………………………………
ĐỀ THI GỒM 80 CÂU (TỪ QUESTION 1 ĐẾN QUESTION 80).
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
Question 1: Even though it had been snowing all day, a great many people managed to get to the end-of-term concert.
A. Very few people indeed were prevented from getting to the end-of-term concert by the heavy snow.
B. Since there had been snow all day long, it wasn’t easy for people to get to the end-of-term concert.
C. As it had been snowing heavily all day, a great many people just cold not get to the end-of-term concert.
D. A lot of people did get to the end-of-term concert in spite of the snow that fell all day.
Question 2: If there hadn’t been such a strong wind, it would not have been so difficult to put out the fire.
A. It was the strong wind which made it difficult for us to put out the fire.
B. When a strong wind began to blow, it was even more difficult to control the fire.
C. If the wind hadn’t been so strong, it would have been much easier to put out the fire.
D. As the wind was really very strong, it took them a long time to put out the fire.
Question 3: This material is suitable for students of eighteen years and up.
A. Students of eighteen years and over can use this material.
B. The material is suitable for students who are over eighteen.
C. The material may be suitable for students of over eighteen years of age.
D. Only 18-year-old students will find this material suitable.
Question 4: I couldn’t help admiring the way he managed to finish the program even after such a bad fall.
A. In spite of the fall, he should have finished the program and we could have admired him for that.
B. It was really a very bad fall, but somehow he was still able to finish the program and I had to admire him for that.
C. The way he finished the program was certainly admirable, as the fall had shaken him up badly.
D. I really admire the way he got up after the fall and completed the program.
Question 5: Everyone in our class is doing something at the end-of-term concert, but Mary alone is staying away.
A. Mary is the only one in our class who isn’t taking part in the end-of-term concert.
B. No one in our class but Mary, is taking part in the end-of-term concert.
C. Everyone in Mary’s class hopes to do something at the end-of-term concert.
D. The class wants Mary to play in the concert at the end-of-term concert, but she won’t.
Question 6: I have read nearly all of Dickens’s novels, and A Tale of Two Cities is my favorite.
A. In my opinion, A Tale of Two Cities is quite the best of all the novels by Dickens.
B. Of all the novels by Dickens that I have read, and that’s most of them, A Tale of Two Cities remains my favorite.
C. I’ve read a lot more novels by Dickens and still think A Tale of Two Cities is the best.
D. I’ve read a great many novels, but haven’t enjoyed any as much as Dickens’s A Tale of Two Cities.
Question 7: I wasn’t early enough to find anyone at home awake.
A. I didn’t expect to find anyone awake when I got home.
B. When I got home, I found everyone awake, waiting for me.
C. When I got home late, I used to find my family sleeping.
D. By the time I arrived home, everyone had gone to sleep.
Question 8: By modern standards, the first supermarkets were really quite small.
A. Compared with what we have now, the early supermarkets weren’t actually very large at all.
B. The early supermarkets and the present-day ones are quite different from each other, even in size.
C. Present-day supermarkets are on the whole larger than the early ones.
D. Supermarkets have grown in size since they were first introduced, but their standards remain the same.
Question 9: I just can’t understand why so few people are interested in this camping holiday.
A. I find it surprising that there aren’t fewer people interested in such a camping holiday.
B. Hardly anyone wants to go on this camping holiday, which I find strange.
C. It’s hardly surprising that so few people are interested in this camping holiday.
D. To my surprise, almost no one was interested in such a camping holiday.
Question 10: Lets’ go shopping sometime mid-week, it gets so crowded at the weekends.
A. I always like to shop mid-week as everywhere is so crowded at weekends.
B. I find it impossible to shop at weekends because there are so many people everywhere.
C. I suggest we avoid the weekend and do our shopping in the middle of the week when it’s quieter.
D. The best time to go shopping is mid-week when it is usually reasonably quiet.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction.
Question 11: Both men and women were fond of ornaments, especially bracelets, toe rings and earrings
A B C
made from stone and bronze.
D
Question 12: Written by Neil Simon, New York audiences received the new play enthusiastically at the
A B C
world premiere Saturday evening.
D
Question 13: To control quality and making decisions about production are among the many
A B C D
responsibilities of an industrial engineer.
Question 14: I behave to her friendly, but she doesn’t seem to like it very much.
A B C D
Question 15: Only when her friends told me had I known she had been well-known.
A B C D
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 16: Henry would rather that his girlfriend _____ in the same department as he does.
A. worked B. work C. not to work D. did worked
Question 17: Mike: “In my opinion, children at the age of six should study English at school.”
Pete: “_____”
A. Me neither. B. That’s exactly how I feel.
C. Nonsense. You are making it more serious. D. You’re right. No way.
Question 18: You _____ harder for your university entrance exam. You failed last year.
A. must have studied B. should have studied C. shouldn’t have studied D. mustn’t have studied
Question 19: Sue: “Oh, your computer skill is good”
Jack: “_____”
A. You must be kidding. I’m good at Math. B. Feel free. There is nothing to worry.
C. Thanks. You should say that again. D. Thanks, but I still have to learn more.
Question 20: We _____ here for twenty years by 2005.
A. will live B. will be living C. would have been living D. will have lived
Question 21: The baby was not pleased with all the last three nurses, but she _____ her new nurse at once.
A. took over B. took up C. took on D. took to
Question 22: They had wanted it to be a surprise but the plan didn't _____
A. go off B. carry on C. turn on D. come off
Question 23: _____ I had ever seen.
A. Under the tree one of the biggest men was lying B. Under the tree was one of the biggest men lying
C. Under the tree was lying one of the biggest men D. Was one of the biggest men lying under the tree
Question 24: Mark: “Sorry to trouble you, but do you mind if I use your phone?”
Paul: “_____”
A. Of course. B. Why not? C. Never mind. D. I think so too.
Question 25: We thought she was arrogant, _____ in fact she was just very shy.
A. whereas B. however C. moreover D. so that
Question 26: _____ tired, he continued to search for twenty minutes and realized that the notebook had been lying on the table the entire time.
A. Although B. In spite of C. Because of D. Unless
Question 27: If _____, we would have written you a letter.
A. I knew that you had been there B. I had known that you were there
C. I knew that you were there D. I had known that you had been there
Question 28: The rain _____ just long enough for us to have our picnic.
A. brought about B. made up for C. ran across D. held off
Question 29: It has been proposed _____ to the conference on time.
A. that he came B. that everyone come C. he must come D. we has come
Question 30: The roadwork made _____ to the hotel from the main road difficult.
A. entrance B. approach C. ways in D. access
Question 31: Maria: “I really love modern music like house, rap, reggae, and hip hop.”
Brian: “_____”
A. That’s fantastic! B. You are very wrong to say that.
C. You can say that again. D. It is the least thing you can do.
Question 32: Bill: “You shouldn’t have made such a lot of mistakes on the letters.”
Michelle: “_____”
A. I’ll be more careful next time. B. Sorry, I’ll complete it soon.
C. It’s my fault. You shouldn’t blame me. D. Thank you. I’ll spend more time on it.
Question 33: Despite all the interruptions, he ¬¬_____ with his work.
A. stuck at B. held on C. hung out D. pressed on
Question 34: _____ how hard I try, I cannot make you recognize me.
A. whether B. no matter C. because D. although
Question 35: Although both are mammals, the early stages of development on the part of placentals differ from _____.
A. marsupials B. that of marsupials C. those of marsupials D. those marsupials
Question 36: “Chicago” is a poem _____ in praise of one of the busiest industrial centers in the U.S.
A. which by Carl Sandburg B. which was written by Carl Sandburg
C. was written by Carl Sandburg D. Carl Sandburg who wrote it
Question 37: The forecast says it’ll be sunny tomorrow, but I’ll bring a raincoat just _____.
A. in case B. though C. however D. yet
Question 38: I find _____ to be there before eight.
A. it impossible B. I am impossible C. it unable D. unable
Question 39: This nice atmosphere is _____ to New York.
A. abnormal B. special C. unique D. incredible
Question 40: The amount Sarah earned was _____ on how much she sold.
A. related B. connected C. secured D. dependent
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase for each of the blanks from 41 to 50.
There were 1,700,000 people (41) _____ by floodwater this year in the Mekong Delta areas of Vietnam. Many people were killed, including children. Approximately 1,125,000 people (42) _____ from food shortages, lack of clean drinking water, and extremely poor sanitary conditions. (43) _____ large numbers of children were affected by diarrhea, flu, respiratory infections, and other diseases.
So far, UNICEF Vietnam has provided six floating medical clinics to the (44) _____ provinces of Dong Thap, An Giang, Long An, Tien Giang, and Kien Giang to help thousands of people who (45) _____ the flood. With the assistance of the Spanish and Japanese National Committees (46) _____ UNICEF, UNICEF Vietnam provided emergency medical kits and clean water filters to flood-affected communities. The assistance (47) _____ many people. With the (48) _____ by the government of Norway, UNICEF was able to provide health services and supplies for more flood victims, and clean water supplies and flood safety information materials for thousands of flood-affected families. The funds from the government of Norway also (49) _____ UNICEF to provide recreational kits and clean water filters to children day-care centers in Dong Thap province. UNICEF, (50) _____ the Vietnam Red Cross Society, distributed thousands of flood-safety brochures to flood-affected areas.
Question 41: A opposed B. enhanced C. affected D. applied
Question 42: A. caught B. suffered C. ensured D. prevented
Question 43: A. However, B. As a result, C. Though D. In case
Question 44: A. flood-assisted B. flood-conducted C. flood-moved D. flood-ravaged
Question 45: A. withdrew B. moved C. evacuated D. cohabited
Question 46: A. for B. from C. of D. off
Question 47: A. benefited B. verified C. provided D. delivered
Question 48: A. donation B. association C. caution D. foundation
Question 49: A. enabled B. made C. allowed D. forced
Question 50: A. in accord with B. in cooperation with C. in opposition to D. under silhouette of
Make the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is closest in meaning to the underlined part of the following questions.
Question 51: He spoke for a long time but his meaning didn't really come across.
A. be understood B. meet by chance C. make sense D. attract
Question 52: Mrs. Ramsay was a cultivated woman who traveled a great deal.
A. cultured B. artificially grown C. wild D. active
Question 53: Will humans come into contact with an alien civilization by 2031?
A. meet B. work with C. cooperate with D. attack
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
Question 54: I find it hard to work at home because there are too many distractions.
A. attentions B. unawareness C. unconcern D. carelessness
Question 55: Televisions are a standard feature in most hotel rooms.
A. abnormal B. common C. customary D. typical
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in each of the following questions.
Question 56: A. propaganda B. prosperity C. substantial D. discriminate
Question 57: A. primitive B. problematic C. relevant D. feminism
Question 58: A. confidential B. opportunity C. economic D. attribute
Question 59: A. unique B. challenge C. depend D. compose
Question 60: A. volume B. feature C. perpetual D. creature
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions from 61 to 70.
In most discussions of cultural diversity, attention has focused on visible, explicit aspects of culture, such as language, dress, food, religion, music, and social rituals. Although they are important, these visible expressions of culture, which are taught deliberately and learn consciously, are only the tip of the iceberg of culture. Much of culture is taught and learned implicitly, or outside awareness. Thus, neither cultural insiders nor cultural outsiders are aware that certain “invisible” aspects of their culture exist.
Invisible elements of culture are important to us. For example, how long we can be late before being impolite, what topics we should avoid in a conversation, how we show interest or attention through listening behavior, what we consider beautiful or ugly. These are all aspects of culture that we learn and use without being aware of it. When we meet each other whose invisible cultural assumptions differ from those we have learned implicitly, we usually do not recognize their behavior as cultural in origin.
Differences in invisible culture can cause problems in cross-cultural relations. Conflicts may arise when we are unable to recognize other’s behavioral differences as cultural rather than personal. We tend to misinterpret other people’s behavior, blame them, or judge their intentions or competence without realizing that we are experiencing cultural rather than individual differences.
Formal organizations and institutions, such as schools, hospitals, workplaces, governments, and the legal system are collection sites for invisible cultural differences. If the differences were more visible, we might have less misunderstanding. For example, if we met a man in a courthouse who was wearing exotic clothes, speaking a language other than ours, and carrying food that looked strange, we would not assume that we understood his thoughts and feelings or that he understood ours. Yet when such a man is dressed similarly to us, we may fail to recognize the invisible cultural differences between us. As a result, mutual misunderstanding may arise.
Question 61: What is the main purpose of the passage?
A. To explain the importance of invisible aspects of culture.
B. To describe cultural diversity.
C. To point out that much of culture is learned consciously.
D. To explain why cross-cultural conflict occur.
Question 62: The word “deliberately” in bold in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to
A. slowly B. accurately C. intentionally D. randomly
Question 63: The word “invisible” means
A. can not be seen B. can not be mistaken C. easily misunderstood D. unable to be captured
Question 64: The phrase “the tip of the iceberg” in paragraph 1 means that _____
A. other cultures seem cold to us
B. visible aspects of culture are learned in formal institutions
C. we usually focus on the highest forms of culture
D. most aspects of culture can not be seen
Question 65: Which of the following was NOT mentioned as an example of invisible culture?
A. What topics to avoid in a conversation.
B. What food to eat in a courthouse.
C. How late is considered impolite.
D. How people express interest in what others are saying.
Question 66: The word “those” in paragraph 2 refers to
A. people from a different culture B. invisible cultural assumptions
C. people who speak a different language D. topics that should be avoided
Question 67: It can be inferred from paragraph 3 that conflict results when _____.
A. people think cultural differences are personal
B. people compete with those from other cultures
C. one culture is more invisible than another culture
D. some people recognize more cultural differences than others
Question 68: The author implies that institutions such as schools and workplaces _____.
A. are aware of cultural differences B. teach their employees about cultural differences
C. reinforce invisible cultural differences D. share a common culture
Question 69: Which of the following would most likely result in misunderstanding?
A. Learning about our own culture in school.
B. Unusual food being cooked by foreign visitors.
C. Strange behavior from someone speaking a foreign language.
D. Strange behavior from someone speaking our language.
Question 70: Which sentence is TRUE?
A. Cultural diversity has nothing to do with such aspects as language, religion, and food.
B. Misunderstanding often results from different cultural behavior towards the same thing.
C. Schools are one of the places where the invisible cultural differences hardly cause problems.
D. Behavioral differences should be considered something personal and subjective.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions from 71 to 80.
One of the seven wonders of the ancient world, the Great Pyramid of Giza was a monument of wisdom and prophecy built as a tomb for Pharaoh Cheops in 2720 BC. Despite its antiquity, certain aspects of its construction make it one of the truly great wonders of the world. The thirteen acre structure near the Nile river is the solid mass of stone blocks covered with limestone. Inside are the number of hidden passageways and the burial chamber for the pharaoh. It is the largest single structure in the world. The four sides of the pyramid are aligned almost exactly on true north, south, east, and west – an incredible engineer feat. The ancient Egyptians were sun worshipers and great astronomers, so computations for the Great Pyramid were based on astronomical observations.
Explorations and detailed examinations of the base of the structure reveal many interesting lines. Further scientific study indicates that these represent a type of time line of events – past, present, and future. Many of the events have been interpreted and found to coincide with known facts of the past. Others are prophesied for future generations and are currently under investigation. Many believe that pyramids have supernatural powers and this one is no exception. Some researchers even associate it with extraterrestrial being of the ancient past.
Was this superstructure made by ordinary being, or one built by a race far superior to any known today?
Question 71: What has research of the base revealed?
A. There are cracks in the foundation. B. Tomb robbers have stolen the pharaoh’s body.
C. The line represent important events. D. A superior race of people built it.
Question 72: Extraterrestrial being are _____
A. very strong wonders. B. astronomers in the ancient times.
C. research in Egyptology. D. living beings from other planets.
Question 73: What was the most probable reason for providing so many hidden passages?
A. to allow the weight of the Pyramid to settle evenly.
B. to permit the high priests to pray at night.
C. to enable the pharaoh’s family to bring food for the journey after life.
D. to keep grave robbers from finding the tomb and the treasure buried with the pharaoh.
Question 74: What is the best title for the passage?
A. Symbolism of the Great Pyramid.
B. problem with the construction of the Great Pyramid.
C. Wonders of the Great Pyramid of Giza.
D. Explorations of the Burial Chamber of Cheops.
Question 75: On what did the ancient Egyptians base their calculation?
A. Observation of the celestial bodies. B. Advanced technology.
C. Advanced tool of measurement. D. Knowledge of the earth’s surface.
Question 76: Why was the Great Pyramid constructed?
A. As a solar observatory. B. As a religious temple.
C. As a tomb for the pharaoh. D. As an engineering feat.
Question 77: Why is the Great Pyramid considered one of the seven wonders of the world?
A. It is perfectly aligned with the four cardinal points of the compass and contains many prophecies.
B. It was selected as a tomb of Pharaoh Cheops.
C. It was built by a super race.
D. It is very old.
Question 78: What do the interesting lines in the base symbolize?
A. Architect’s plans for the hidden passage.
B. Pathways of the great solar bodies.
C. Astrological computations.
D. Date of important event taking place throughout time.
Question 79: The word “feat” is closest in meaning to
A. accomplishment B. appendage C. festivity D. structure
Question 80: The word “prophesied” is closest in meaning to
A. affiliated B. terminated C. precipitated D. foretold
---------- THE END ----------
Về Đầu Trang Go down
https://a3-forever.forumvi.com
Bet.kute
Admin
Bet.kute

Tổng số bài gửi : 76
Đến từ : Gio Linh

De thi thu dh Anh nek.. Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: De thi thu dh Anh nek..   De thi thu dh Anh nek.. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 5:43 pm

KEY
1. D
2. C
3. A
4. D
5. A
6. B
7. D
8. C
9. B
10. C
11. D